The Clinical Coordinator (CC) will work as part of an integrated, dynamic and fast moving team
that is focused on understanding, educating and improving treatment of oral systemic medicine.
To achieve this goal the CC will be a full time champion for oral systemic health and build
bridges between medicine and dentistry. The CC will help develop templates, measurements,
procedures and protocols for communication between providers. Ensure all demographic and
clinical information for patients is gathered ahead of appointment. Complete chart audits to
ensure high risk patients receive appropriate follow up care. We are recruiting an individual who
is interested in gaining exposure to the medical/dental field through research, database
management and direct communications with treating physicians.
The Coordinator will be actively involved in planning and implementation of patient identification
systems and direct communications with the healthcare community. They will review medical
records for new and returning patients; meet with treatment providers, reach out to potential
referring physicians and identify potential high risk patients. The Coordinator will participate in
weekly meetings to review the status of ongoing patients and communicate efforts with the
team. They will prepare agendas and record minutes for the clinical director. As needed, the
Coordinator will also review clinical, medical and dental data, track metrics, prepare tables,
graphs, and descriptive summaries, and help with progress reports.
Candidates must possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail; willingness to take
initiative; ability to work independently and to know when to seek help, and to work as part of a
fast-paced and integrated team. They must be comfortable working in a patient-/external-facing
role to effectively communicate and coordinate care. The candidate must possess strong
decision making skills and have the ability to work independently with focus and accountability.
Experience reviewing medical records is a plus but not required.
Qualifications for Clinical Coordinator:
- Bachelor’s degree in scientific discipline, or equivalent work experience, required.
- 2+ years professional experience.
- Medical writing, healthcare, Dental, pharma/biotech industry background preferred.
- General medical knowledge or familiarity with cardiology and or systemic disease.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Absolute attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks across differing timelines
Extremely organized with an emphasis on ability to meet deadlines and follow up efficiently
Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with patients, team and
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- High level of professionalism.
- Team player who is also self-motivated and can work independently with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in MS Office products and or G-suite products.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Minimum of 2 years working in a clinical setting.
- 2+ years of proven success in leadership roles.
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with database management.
- Superior interpersonal communication skills and the ability to exercise empathy when working with patients and their families.
- Demonstrate an understanding of standard clinical dental procedures, laws and regulations.
- Thorough knowledge of medical terminology.