Bucks County Smiles (BCS) is seeking an experienced executive to serve as our Director of Business Operations that will transition to our Chief Operating Officer as we grow. This position reports to the CEOs (Owners) and serves as a member of the senior executive team. This leadership role will be a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves position, supported by a bright, hungry and lean team. This leader will be joining our team at a critical growth juncture and through this persons’ experience, vision and drive will help connect the dots between all departments, managing the heads of these departments and nurturing team culture.
The major objectives of the role will be to translate the strategic objectives into actionable plans, setting and driving organizational vision and operational strategy:
- Responsible for the operational and financial health of the dental office that directly reports to the practice ownership team.
- Leading all non-clinical operations of the dental office, including leading and providing support to the Department Team Leaders in the determination of staffing, hiring, talent management, and the strategic management of the day-to-day operations.
- Create and review clinical and non-clinical performance reports and identify opportunities to build upon sustainable practice growth.
- Assess workforce planning, recruiting and retention strategy to maintain optimum performance of the practice.
- Engage with office leaders by utilizing the tools in the spear platform solution to monitor metrics while identifying challenges and taking advantage of growth opportunities.
- Evaluate real-time analysis of data and implement a high-level strategy to increase profitability. Monitor the P&L statements of the practice and develop effective ways to close the gaps between actual performance and company projections.
- Ability to analyze business reporting and create recommendations/actions to the attainment of yearly budgetary and contribution goals, prioritizing practice performance issues to ensure issues impacting office growth, revenue, and profitability (EBITDA) are addressed first.
- Provide coaching and consulting around industry-leading solutions, business and financial needs, clinical growth, execution, and implementation of key initiatives.
- Ability to quickly build rapport, trust, and credibility with team members.
- Arranges training activities to educate, prioritize and execute operational opportunities. Execute customized learning plans using the results of the practice analytics along with your insights and expertise.
- Build relationships between doctors and their teams by helping them build a culture of success and synergy that allows the practice to focus on driving clinical and business excellence.
- Serve as a point of escalation for clinical and non-clinical matters.
- Manage and monitor external vendors activities and remote employees.
- Identify areas of opportunity to support team morale, culture, and values of the practice
- Mentor and coach Office Team Members on operational excellence by providing direct coaching and training.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience working in Dental/Medical/other related fields.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience leading a company with annual revenue greater than $10M.
- Experience managing 8 or more direct reports.
- Strong technical expertise in Dental Practice Management Services.
- Experience in the use of QuickBooks, and Microsoft (Excel)and Google Suites.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree in Business, Healthcare Management, or similar field preferred.
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving skills, strong accounting, marketing, financial and operational knowledge.
- Experience working with multiple owners as an executive leader to achieve company goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and presentation skills are required.
- Must possess a strong desire to observe, teach, train and develop financial sustainability within the practice.
- Attentive to detail while keeping the big picture in mind
- Emotionally Intelligent (capacity to be aware of, control, and express one's emotions, and to handle interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically)
- Team Oriented
- Vision and purpose driven
$87,351.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
Morrisville, PA 19067: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Willingness to travel:
680 Heacock Rd #102, Yardley, PA 19067
Visit our website and our YouTube channel to learn more about who we are and what we do. This is a great opportunity to become a part of an amazing practice.