5 Benefits of Using PerioProtect to Treat Gum Disease
Many of us are so busy that we can occasionally neglect our dental hygiene, and this can create serious oral health problems. Gum disease is an epidemic among Americans with tens of millions suffering from this preventable and treatable problem. This is a type of disease where infections negatively impact the connective tissue between your gums and teeth as well as the bones under your teeth that keep them firmly in place.
Professional treatment is necessary to be sure to handle gum diseases such as periodontitis or gingivitis. If they’re not handled quickly and professionally, the consequences can be serious. Gum diseases are the major culprit for adult tooth loss, so if you don’t want to be gumming your food in your later years, you should know about a solution called Perio Protect. This is a dental treatment for gum disease that enables home treatment in between appointments with your dentist, and it has a number of benefits.
1. It’s a Simple, Painless Treatment Perio Protect involves the use of what is known as a Perio Protect Tray that is custom made for your teeth and gum line to fit perfectly. This tray is similar to athletic mouthguards in appearance, and it’s thin and comfortable. It is the precise fit that enables it to efficiently deliver medicine deep below your gum line. We provide this medicine to you when you get your tray, and you simply put a little of it in the tray before putting it in your mouth. After your initial appointment where we get you fitted for your own tray, you then only need to wear it for 10 to 15 minutes each day. Compare this to traditional professional gum disease remedies. In the past, if you came to us with gum disease, we would just have to schedule you for periodic root planing or scaling appointments. This is where we scrape off bad bacteria below your gum line, and this can be very uncomfortable in addition to being time consuming.
2. It Provides Consistent Protection Because you wear your Perio Protect Tray daily, you’ll know you are continuing to kill any bacteria that cause gum diseases such as gingivitis or periodontitis. This is far more consistent than even frequent appointments at your dentist’s office that are necessary for some other treatment options.
3. Do Other Tasks While Perio Protect Does Its Job While wearing the tray for 10 to 15 minutes each day, you can do other tasks that you may need to get done. If you need to mow the lawn or take a shower to get ready for work, just put your tray in before starting, and Perio Protect will be doing its job while you are going about your day.
4. It’s a Professional Treatment Often, you may think you are saving money by trying home remedies or over-the-counter products for certain problems. Gum disease should not be treated lightly, however, since tooth loss can be the tragic end result. Because your Perio Tray is custom made for you, you know it’s effectively delivering the medication you need to improve the condition of your gums.
5. You Get the Benefit of Experience at Bucks County Smiles If you have gum disease and believe you may benefit from Perioprotect Bucks County PA offers you the ideal opportunity to discover what it can do for you. Our team at Bucks County Smiles has over 75 years of combined experience. Our practice offers a clean, friendly environment, and we are now proud to offer Perio Protect as a simple, professional solution to the problem of gum disease. To take advantage of all the benefits of Perioprotect Bucks County PA residents have been coming to our team at Bucks County Smiles to make their gum disease history. Please contact our office, and we’ll see what we can do for you or your family to get you back on the road to dental health.